Sunday 1 December 2013

Priceless!!

Hello Friends,
A quick post to share a CAS card I made inspired by CAS-ology: Week 72-SHOP. I usually don't craft on weekends but this time I broke that rule. Just didn't want to miss playing along and Sunday was the last day to share my entry for this challenge. Here's what I made:

Well, the first thing that comes into my mind when I hear the word 'SHOP' is the price tag.lol.....Everything comes with a price tag, except the beautiful bonds of love we share with our near and dear ones-they are Priceless. That's what I have tried to convey here. 


The hearts are hand drawn and fussy cut and coloured using memento dew drop ink pad-rose bud. The meshwork behind the hearts is made with the help of strips cut from brown coloured textured card stock. The hearts have been stuck with the help of adhesive foam bits and covered with a layer of Rangers' glossy accents. Finally , I have tied the twine around both the hearts alongwith the handmade tag. The tag was made out of a piece of the thick glossy paper that I got as a cover for a cell phone accessory. So the bar code was already there.The sentiment'priceless' is written with the help of a stencil and black pen.

Thanks for dropping by. Have a 'Priceless' Sunday. :)

Also linking it to:

19 comments:

  1. Really pricless card Jasleen ..love your cards.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Nice idea n superb execution

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever take on the cue word and I love the background to the hearts. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever idea to use price Tag !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic story to your card! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Jasleen! Liked your idea of using a price tag! Beautifully executed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous CAS card Jasleen, I love your glossy hearts.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful composition,Jasleen!
    you had asked about the BG I did on my heart tag! process was like this..I applied the textured paste through crafters corner' basket wave' stencil at some places on the tag. let it dry and then applied spiced marmalade and mustard seed distress paints , spirtzed water and let color move around. added some flourish stamping with spiced marmalade distress ink. And pink heart is corrugated paper piece. hope this helps..:)
    nagaonkarshilpa2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shilpa. You are really good at making mixed media projects. Thanks for sharing.Really appreciate your help. :)

      Delete
  9. This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing at 365cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool, I love the pink hearts.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute idea Jasleen! You are so innovative :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)