Hope you all are doing great. This time, I pushed myself to try something new and came up with an idea of altering a box.
CAUTION: PICTURE HEAVY POST.
Pictures are as follows:
I think this picture is self-explanatory:--
....following are the steps to explain the make-over process.
1. Applied a layer of homemade gesso over the box.(Sorry, forgot to take that picture)
2. Stuck black paper all over
3. Stamped the BG stamp from prima londonerry collection using Versamark ink and heat embossed it using Lindy's mistletoe EP( Since I don't have a heating tool, I used a sandwich maker to heat it, and it worked just fine)
4. Inked the edges using Memento dew drop inks(angel pink, lulu lavender) and stuck the card stock pieces over the black base.
5. Decorated it ( phew!!! it took me over 10 days to finish decorating it....but no worries, atleast I managed a decent attempt at something that's not my style ..lol)
All the roses are handmade and inked using memento dew drop inks. The silver embellishment that you see in the top left corner is from one of my broken hairclips. Stamped the Tilda on a cardstock and coloured using watercolours. Have stuck some slver glitter along the edges.
The white lace is from my stash and I have stitched to to give a ruffled look before sticking it along the ttree sides of the box. Stuck some pearls over the lace.
Made a flap for easy opening of the box by using the border punch and patterned paper from DCWV stack.
Punched a couple of butterflies and covered them up completely using powdered glitter. Stuck them over the front facing panel.( Thanks to this powdered glitter, my home is SPARKLING now :P)
|On the inside|
Finally added a 'Best Wishes' stamped tag. Now the box is ready to be filled with homemade chocolates and that would make a fantastic gift for a loved one, isn't it? :)
How do you like my attempt at this style? Thanks so much for stopping by.
Linking it to:
Lulupu 2nd Birthday Special --3rd Category-Altered box
L-Lace, Lindy's Embossing Powder
P-Patterned Papers, pearls,punches
CCC-Glam with glitter( Used powdered glitter over punched butterflies and along the edges of the stamped image)