Friday 14 July 2017

One die,two ways

Hi friends!

I recently received my newest Chapter 3 dies from Sizzix Lifestyle and I even did an unboxing video giving you a closer look of these new dies. If you wish to see the video, scroll right to the end of the post, but kindly overlook the little technical mistakes you might notice and please be kind. :P .I guess it would take a little more practice to get a hang of making videos and all the technicalities involved in video editing. Hopefully will come up with better and more professional videos in future.

And now, over to my cards that I made using one of my favorite dies from the new release, it's Sizzix Thinlits Little Robin Die set. The first card below also features Sizzix Bigz die- Pretty Climber.
 


 I started off by stamping the French script over one side of a 5 by 7 inch card base.I used Memento London fog ink for the same. I die cut the leafy vine and the little birdie using water colour paper and coloured the bird die cut using Zig brush pens. The diecuts were adhered over the card base and the sentiment(from Impression Obsession stamps) was stamped using Versafine onyx black ink. I also sponged some distress ink(hickory smoke) over the left side edge of the card, to highlight the stamped script. Finished off the card by adding enamel dots.

 And the second card features the same little robin die set, but used in a different way.


The negative portion of the bird die cut was used as a stencil here, with the help of which I sponged some distress inks. I added the sentiment from Cas-ual Fridays stamp- Big Treble using Versafine onyx black ink. This ink dries slower as compared to other pigment inks, and that makes it suitable to use it for heat embossing as well. For my one-layered and CAS cards, I prefer clear embossing my sentiments, especially if the main focus of my card is the sentiment. So after stamping, I clear embossed it and added the pearls to complete my card.

Which one did you like more ? let me know :)

Here's the unboxing video I shared on my YouTube channel -


You can also view it directly on YouTube by clicking HERE
.
Products used :-
Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine(grey and white only)
Sizzix Thinlits die set- Little Robin
Sizzix Bigz die set- Pretty Climber

White card stock- Iris sg
Water colour paper- Canson Montval
Inks- Versafine onyx black, memento london fog, distress ink- hickory smoke
Zig Clean color brush pens
enamel dots, pearls
Stamps-- Cas-ual Fridays stamp- Big Treble ; Impression Obsession rubber stamp.


I'm linking the cards to -:

Happy Little Stampers- July Anything Goes with Dies

 

 See you all soon!

Hugs,
Jasleen.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in love with your brightly colored die cut robin on all that luscious white BG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved both,the words and image paired beautifully !! Eager to see the unboxing video ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just bought this die , love how you used it . jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)