Wednesday 19 April 2017

Rise High- Wall Decor | Sizzix

Hello friends!
Hope you all are doing great.

Last week I tried my hand at an artsy wall decor with the help of the newly released die- Sizzix Thinlits die set- Cityscape, Skyline(#661810) and Sizzix Thinlits die set- Brush Capital Alphabet (661710)



I'm not a professional artist when it comes to watercolouring. I'm still very much a beginner. But that shouldn't stop you from creating an artsy wall decor for your home, should it ? ;)
So if you are like me and still if you wish to create a watercoloured wall art, I'll share a simple technique I followed to make this one with the help of dies. ;)

Here's what I did:-



  • I die cut the skyline using my Big Shot Plus Machine from an Iris sg card stock.
  • I sponged the die cut in different colours of distress inks, making sure they are well blended and even.
  • Then, I arranged the negative die cut of the 'skyline' on a suitably sized sheet of watercolour paper upside down in such a way that it looks like a mirror image of the die cut when placed(see the picture to know what I mean)

  • When I was happy with the positioning, I temporarily adhered it using washi tape.
  • Using this die cut as a stencil, I first applied water through the stencil and then started adding different colours of Gansai Tambi Watercolours. Your watercolours will not be confined entirely within the stencil space and will flow easily across, but that's how we intend them to be here. This is what gives an artsy look, keeping the skyline silhouette intact.
  • Then I adhered the skyline die cut over the watercoloured image edge with the help of 3D foam tape.

Now my idea to do this technique was to make it look like a blurry reflection in water. Doesn't it look like one? 
I hope I've inspired you to try watercolouring art with the help of die cuts. Would love to know your views.

Products used :-




Water colour paper- Canson Montval 300 gsm

Iris Sg card stock

Watercolours- Gansai Tambi

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day ! 

Hugs,
Jasleen.

8 comments:

  1. Yes it does look like reflection in water and its fantastic ! I love your CAS artistic style Jasleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wall decor :) love the reflection technique shared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and creative wall decor....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wall decor is looking awesome Jass..Very Pretty...
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this artistic rendition...Clean and Neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supeb execution. Love the soft delicate feel to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)