Sunday 11 June 2017

Guest Designing For AAA Card Challenge #92

Hello bloggers!

I'm so happy to share today that I'm guest designing at AAA Cards Challenge blog for their Challenge # 92- Emboss Resist. I was a winner of their Challenge #87  and I didn't think twice when I was asked if I would like to guest design for one of their challenges. I have always enjoyed their fun themes. Thank you, Jane, for giving me this opportunity.
Emboss resist has been one of the most popular techniques amongst all the cardmakers. If you haven't tried it yet, you can do that now.

Here's my inspiration for the challenge:-


I started off by stamping the sentiment from My Favorite Things- Brushstroke Birthday stamp set in Versamark ink on a Brustro watercolour paper panel. I then heat embossed it using Ranger's white embossing powder.Then, I sponged different colours of distress inks over the embossed sentiment. Heat embossed areas resist distress inks and watercolours, and that's why the sentiment won't take any colour from the inks. Just to make it look more prominent, gently swipe over the sentiment using a soft cloth or a baby wipe to wipe off the inks over the embossed areas.
 Just to add a little interest to the card, I decided to die cut two hearts from one end of the sentiment and pop up one heart die cut over the letter 'J'.

Although I did have an urge to 'just add a little something more' to the card, I'm glad I resisted it because I love how effective this looks in all its simplicity. What do you think? :) 

Please do visit AAA Cards Challenge #92 and check out the beautiful inspirations from the design team members. 
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great Sunday !

10 comments:

  1. I guessed its your card even before I read the post ! Your Style !! Its very effective ,keeping all the focus on words and the Colors make it Cheerful .Congrats on GD post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb card using the resist technique, love it! Thanks for being such an amazing Guest Designer here at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card,and thank you for being the guestdesigner over at AAA cards challenges this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful take on our resist challenge and gorgeous choice of delicate colours. I love the added detail of the die-cut hearts - that's a neat trick to add interest and a superb CAS design too. Thanks for being a wonderful Guest Designer for us at AAA Cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! Love the colour combo and the way you have used the hearts on your envelope! Thank you for joining us as Guest Designer at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb...Just upto the point!! Catchy and as always Stylish!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful take on the theme and love the bright yet soft colors to pop the sentiment well ...congratulations on GD spot dear 😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh you are an expert at classy cards!! Love the little hearts on the envelope!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous! So happy to have you join us for our resist challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great take on the technique Jasleen, the effect is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)