Friday 31 March 2017

A Set Of 'Thank You' Cards and Sizzix Awards 2017

Hello everyone !



Today I'm sharing two cards I made using the newly released Sizzix die set- Wildflowers by Tim Holtz(Item #661190).This pack contains seven dies of different varieties of wildflowers. I used 4 of them to make my two cards. Also, I want to share a news about Sizzix Awards. But first, sharing the cards I made.

Here's the first one :-



For making this one, I started by sponging the corner of a 4 by 5 inch card panel using distres inks.
Then I sprinkled a few droplets of water over the sponged area using a paint brush. This technque gives a lovely effect. I also splattered some viva decor inka gold mixed with water to give a little shimmery spray.
 I then die cut a couple of wildflowers with the help of Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine(Item #660020) and using a white card paper and adhered these over the sponged corner.
 I only adhered the delicate die cuts at their base, leaving the upper halves loose. Stamped the sentiment and added a few pearls. Mounted this card panel over a gray coloured card base.

Second card :-



I started by slightly sponging the white card panel with a distress ink- antique linen, only on one side. Then I splattered some distress ink drops-ground espresso, mixed with water, with the help of a paint brush.
I die cut a couple of wildflowers and waterecoloured them before adhering them to the card panel.
Stamped the sentimnet and added the pearl drops to finish the card.


SIZZIX UPDATES :-



Sizzix is celebrating their 40th Birthday! And they are launching Sizzix Awards on March 31st! It is a competition that crafters can enter with their creative makes. There will be four categories to enter under and there are some great prizes to be won!

Categories :-



Prizes :-


You can learn all about it HERE. Go ahead and join the fun!!! It’s a great opportunity to show off your Sizzix creations.


That's all from my side. Will be back soon. :)

Hugs,
Jasleen.

3 comments:

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)