Sunday 7 August 2016

One-layered Card With Masking And Stamping

Hello dear friends !!

How are you all ?

After a long, long time, I made a card just to play along a few blog challenges. Since last few months, you must have seen me post here mostly about the work I do for my design team. Although I enjoy my DT work, I hardly  manage to find time to make a card just for fun. But, I'm glad I managed some time to try some techniques--making a one-layered card with some masking, stamping and water-colouring. :)

Before I share the card, I would like to share that my blog completed 3 years this month so I'm celebrating this milestone and a few more by hosting a giveaway and a few more events. You can read about the blog giveaway HERE and about a Friendship-themed card making challenge HERE. Would love to have you all join in !! :)

So, over to my card now :-

One-layered card with masking and stamping

My inspiration to make this card came from the fun sketch at this week's CAS(E) this sketch challenge# 184 and also from the Monsoon rains here ;) Apt for this season, isn't it?


Those umbrellas are from the Jane's Doodles stamp set-Rain or shine, and they were masked and stamped with the help of Archival black ink. The images were then coloured with the help of Faber Castell water colour pencils and blended them with clear Wink of Stella pen instead of water. I find blending with this pen much better and easier to control when using water colour pencils. And there's a subtle shimmery effect too. I used Bielo card stock to make this one-layered card.

One-layered card with masking and stamping
Add caption
Also linking this card to :-

1. Peek-a-boo challenge- Colour inspiration (My card has blue, yellow and reddish pink colours from the inspiration pic)


2. One-Layer Simplicity Challenge#30-- August Art (I have used water colour pencils to colour my umbrella)


4. Ranganjali August Challenge- Favorite Technique( My favorite technique used here is masking and stamping.)

So, did you like it? Let me know. :)


23 comments:

  1. Woww so colourful and such a wonderful cas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shine on the umbrellas with sweet coloring and gr8 tae on the sketch, Love this CAS beauty Jasleen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I loved it !! Clean n crisp design and colorful ...with perfect sentiment !

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just amazing, Jasleen! I love your water-coloring and masking of the umbrellas. Really liked your take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so fun and wonderful! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! Umbrellas looks gorgeous, love the colours and beautiful shimmer on them! Great take on the challenge theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent! I would like to case this card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card dear! Love the cute little umbrellas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh so nice to see your CAS cards...simply adore them

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a gorgeous card Jasleen!! Love the CAS effect and the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty and CAS!! LOVE it!!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your coloring! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are CAS Queen! Lovely coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful and bright card, that is bound to lift anyone's day! Fantastic colouring and an expert job with the masking Jasleen! So pleased you joined us on HLS CAS challenge! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card...
    Thank you for joining us at Peek-a-boo designs this month..
    Wish to see you next month again with Peek-a-boo designs products..

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun! I love those umbrellas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing card Jasleen ..Loved the masking !! Such bright n colorful card !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for playing along with us @ Peek-a-Boo Designs this month !!

      Delete
  18. Beautiful!! Love your coloring!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jasleen, I love the bright, happy colors on this card, and the layout as well. Your coloring truly elevates this card to spectacular! Thanks so much for sharing it with the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE this! The colours are gorgeous, so bright and cheery. Thank you for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)