Wednesday 10 January 2018

Framed Wall Art Using Sizzix Dies

Hello bloggers and crafters !

I'm posting here after a gap of more than a month !! A few health issues kept me away from crafting and blogging during the past month but I'm better now, well-rested and energized, all set for something new and creative for 2018. Wishing all my friends and readers of this blog a very happy and healthy New year. Hoping to give more love and attention to my blog this year ;)

Today I'm sharing a quick and easy idea for a home decor and I was inspired to make this when I saw my friend Sindhu's idea HERE. I loved it and I thought it would be great to come up with one of the quotes that I would like to be reminded of everyday. Check out what I made :-



Those roses are made using Foamiran sheets and Sizzix Bigz Die 3-D rose. Making these flowers was very easy using this die. It also contains a leaf die to go along with the flowers. Adhering was done with the help of a glue gun. 

I prepared a 5 by 7 inches base using Iris sg card stock and added a light watercolour wash using Gansai Tambi water colours. I let it dry for a while and kept it aside pressed in a thick book so that it straightens out before I add anything to it.  Added the quote over the straightened base using Sizzix Thinlits die set- Delicate letters. These die cut letters are very thin and that's when a humble tweezer comes to rescue. It's easier when such delicate die cuts are picked up and adhered with the help of tweezers. 

The frame that you can see was made using 1 12 by 12 inches sheet of Kaisercraft pattern paper- Base coat and I followed this tutorial to make it >>> http://www.gatheringbeauty.com/2016/05/diy-3D-shadow-box-paper-frames.html


I hope you liked my attempt and first make of this year. :) Many more to follow. Have a great week !


Products used :- 






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful project! Happy new year :) hope your health stays good. Sending best wishes & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jasleen I loved it ! The simplicity of the frame goes well with the quote and the cute roses too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote and a beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)