Tuesday 29 April 2014

Going Tech-savvy

Hello dear friends,
Wondering what's with the title? Well, I think it's better if you see it for yourselves ;) ---






Yes, a cell phone shaped card it is :D
 I saw a cell phone shaped masculine card a while back on pinterest and wanted to make one myself. Most of you who like playing games on your cell phones must be aware of the 'Congrats! You did it!!' message that pops up alongwith the 3 stars after you have won a game ( Well, when I play, it's mostly on the lines of 'Sorry! Better luck next time!' :P)


 So I tried to make a congratulatory card with 3 glittery gold stars made up of glitter foam, which were shaped and fuzzy cut, followed by sticking them over the upper third area of the card. Do not miss the yellow glow coming out from these stars.Did some inking for that glow,yes.
Also scored 3 lines on the lower half to add some interest. Finally, hand drew the three buttons below and wrote the sentiment.

I think this card can be both masculine and feminine, men do love gadgets more but who said women are not tech-savvy. :D And shaped cards can be so much fun too!

Thanks so much for visiting me today. Have a great day.

Linking it to--
http://beyondgrey.blogspot.in/2014/04/bgc50-back-to-cas-colour-challenge.html(Black , gold and white)
http://cas-ualfridays.blogspot.in/2014/04/cfc131.html(Three stars, three scored lines, 3 buttons of the phone)





19 comments:

  1. Loved the idea n execution both !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love the stars and the CAS design and the scored lines! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! What a fun design! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cute card and shape Jasleen .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun - love the idea of a cell phone as a card! Also I love your sparkly stars and how they glow. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a funky idea and it looks great. I never play the games and am not tech savvy but can appreciate this! Congrats on your win at Catchy Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shucks, how did I miss this beauty? You have inspired me to make something similar for my brother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jasleen this is so fun! I love how you created thus super cool card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh sooooo cute !!!! Love the idea !
    Thanks for playing with us at BGC#50 Back to CAS challenge
    Hugs
    Pooja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! Super cute card and fabulous idea !
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an AWESOME male card Jasleen!!! Love this <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome design Jasleen!! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I't so cute. You have great idea!
    Thank you for playing along with us on the Beyond Grey Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genius, both in design and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, I love glitter.. Really beautiful!
    Thank you for joining our challange CAS on Sunday.
    Mariken x

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is so fun and creative!

    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)