Sunday 1 March 2015

Congrats

Hello friends,

The other day a friend requested me to make some 'Congratulations' cards for her sister and a friend who are getting married very soon. I was inspired by the sketch at CAS(E) this sketch challenge#112 to make one of the cards and this is what I came up with:-



And the sketch it got inspired from-

 I stamped the Penny black dazzlers stamps over a piece of card stock in a random manner, concentrating the stamping over the middle third area. Then I cut the stamped panel into two, to be arranged later. Then on the card base, I sponged some memento dew drop inks (angel pink, dandelion, new sprout, lavender, summer sky-- all lighter shades)  in the middle third area, stamped 'Congrats' using Inkadinkado alphabet stamp set and arranged the cut-out stamped panels over the card base.

Since it is supposed to be an Indian wedding 'congrats' card, I wanted it to have some celebratory and festive vibes to it and at the same time, keep it CAS. Hope I've succeeded at that and they like it.

Thanks for your visits and comments to my blog. :)

Have a great week !





8 comments:

  1. Yes They will like it for sure Jasleen ! Loved the center..gap creates interest as well as draws focus on sentiment :)

    Congrats on you Lulupu win !

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful one!! nice design..

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very elegant card Jasleen which your friends will love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design..love the center and stamping Jasleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful! All the stamping including the congrats is very neatly done. Lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! That card is a stunner.. I loved the stamp set.. I so gotta have it in my stash!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)