Tuesday 3 December 2019

Bridge Card

  A few days ago, I watched a video by Jennifer McGuire where she shared a very interesting card design technique- Bridge cards. I LOVED how beautifully and simply she explained the technique. I tried making a similar card using my new dies and stamps from Sizzix.




The background was sponged using distress inks to mimic the soft winter sky. The stamped and die cut images were colored with Zig marker pens.
The most interesting thing about this kind of card is that although it looks dimensional, it easily slides inside an envelope, which makes it easily mail-able! As soon as the recipient removes the card from its envelope, it pops open to its dimensional form. It also makes a cute keepsake adorning a side table, as it can stand on its own.



Here's the ink to Jennifer McGuire's amazing tutorial:

Products used:
Distress inks
Heat embossing powder- Lindy's Stamp Gang- Mistletoe
Zig brush pens
Ranger's heat embossing tool
Iris Sg card stock
Ink blending tools (locally bought)
Fevicol MR glue




How do you like it? Have you ever tried making a bridge card?






2 comments:

  1. I loved it and those cute images pop beautifully on the soft sky ! I haven't tried bridge cards yet but definitely on my to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely card, love the soft snowflakes and cute reindeer.
    I have never tried bridge card, but you make me wanna try them out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)