Friday 25 September 2020

Dreaming about Vacation

 Well, we all are, aren't we? ;)

Anyhow, a real vacation is not happening for me anytime sooner, so I thought why not try and mimic that experience and feeling of going on a holiday. Yeah, card making does that trick for me ;)

I made this holiday-themed card to paly along a couple of my favorite challenges using dies from Sizzix.



I started by masking the upper third area of my card base and sponging distress inks to create a night sky. The white splatters were added using white acrylic paint and a brush. For making that curvy landscape panel edge, I used Sizzix Thinlits Die- Build a Landscape (#662839). Those cute little tress are from the same die set. I like the simplicity of those trees. Perfect for CAS cards!

The car is from Sizzix Thinlits die set-- Summertime (#662547). The die cuts were sponged using distress inks too.

The sentiment from MFT was aligned on the stamping tool such that it aligns along the edge. After stamping the sentiment, I still felt that something was missing. Therefore, I stamped that curvy line along with the tiny heart form Neat and Tangled stamp set (Thank you, Pooja for gifting this to me) to add interest.

I hope you like the card.

Linking this up with the following challenges:

AAA Card Challenge-- CAS Game #174 - Up To One Third + optional twist Woodland Animals

CASology Week 374: VACATION

Uniko Challenge #61 - Anything Goes + optional twist Thanks






Thanks for stopping by! Have a super week ahead.



8 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card, love your colouring! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is the most stunning and beautiful card! I absolutely love it. Thanks for playing again at AAA Cards. Stay safe and keep crafting Jasleen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chanced upon your card via linking up at Uniko. I really love this Christmas card, the way you placed the sentiment attracts me the most. Beautiful ink blending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a wonderful card! Love that winter scene! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your well-deserved win at CASology, Jasleen! This is such a fun card and I love your CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards and CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous CAS card ! Love your beautiful winter scene. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How ingenious to translate your love for travel into this sweet scene! Your little car: adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Uniko!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit. I love to read your comments on my work :)